I work with gay men and with issues that gay men face. My primary area is addictions but not only drugs and alcohol - also process addictions like sex, gambling and work addiction.
Any condition that is a result of low self esteem or feelings of not being 'good enough' could be a reason to seek counselling with me.
I work with you to help you improve your relationships, friendships and family relationships. I work in a therapeutic community with male addicts and alcoholics from Monday to Friday so what I best offer is the learning of life skills and relational skills that make living with other people easier.
Below are some indicators as to why you might come to see me if you were struggling with addictions:
Does this sound familiar?
- l keep saying that I am never going to use drugs again after a bad weekend and even before Friday comes around I feel myself powerlessly planning to call the dealer.
- My feelings overwhelm me and the only thing I know to help me cope is the 'pipe.'
- I can see my friends and relationships deteriorating in front of me and I would rather use meth than work on them.
- I find myself lying to friends and family about how my life is and things like money and well being.
- I don't have any friends who don't use drugs and I don't have any supportive non-drug using friends.
- When I come down all I feel is loneliness and fear about getting older and where my life is going.
- I have to use meth or party drugs because that's what everyone does right?
- I used to use drugs in clubs and for socialising but now its just behind closed doors in my bedroom or at sex clubs.
- I've been up for days, I've lost track of time. I have to be at work in three hours and I haven't even slept.
- Using Meth and G makes it easier for me to cope with life. I work better but I have to use it everyday.
I work with all gay men and not only exploring addiction issues but also issues related to self esteem, sex addiction,coming out, communication, HIV, ageing and more and I work with straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender individuals as well as couples.
It's time to embrace your power and let go of your self defeating addictive patterns.
Contact me today on +61 0410324384 or email me to set up a FREE, confidential 10-minute phone consultation.